Back to School
What is Back to School Night?
At back to school night, parents are given the opportunity to meet their children’s teachers, meet the school’s principal and other faculty, check out the school’s facilities, and learn a little more about what the school has to offer.
What to Expect at Back to School Night
- When? Schools usually schedule the event for a weekday evening within a month of the first day of school.
- Who? You’ll be able to meet your child’s teachers and aides, the principal, nurse, and other staff members, and of course your fellow parents. Unless otherwise specified, this is an adults-only night, so book a sitter.
- Where? The evening typically begins with an introduction in the auditorium or gymnasium. Then you’ll separate into groups and spend the evening with your child’s teacher(s).
- What? The event gives you a glimpse of your child’s daily life at school and an opportunity to learn about the curriculum. You can also sign up to join the PTO or other parent group.
- Why? Research shows that parent involvement in schools helps students achieve more and schools thrive. And joining the PTO is a great way to have a voice in school issues and decisions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact
Roosevelt's Administration @ (310) 603 - 1511.
© Back to School Committee