Library Media Center
The primary function of our library is to implement, enrich and support the educational program of Roosevelt Elementary School. The library provides a wide range of materials at various levels of sophistication with a diversity of appeal and different points of view.
The primary objectives of library material selection are:
- To provide materials that will stimulate students' acquisition of factual knowledge, development of literary appreciation, aesthetic values and ethical standards;
- To provide a source of information which, when consulted, may enable students to make informed judgments;
- To provide materials containing a wide range of views on issues so that students may develop the practice of critical reading and thinking;
- To provide materials representative of ethnic and cultural groups and their contribution to the American heritage;
- To place principle above personal opinion and reason above prejudice in the selection of materials of the highest quality in order to assure a comprehensive collection appropriate for the users of the library media center.