YouthAct is a community-service drive club for elementary (and middle) school students. We follow the lead of our local Rotary Club with ways to get involved in our community. The first YouthAct Club was organized in South Gate, CA in 1997. Roosevelt's YouthAct Club works closely with the Lynwood Rotary Club composed of service-minded adults in Lynwood.
GOALS OF YOUTH ACT
1. To recognize and develop constructive leadership and personal integrity
2. To encourage and practice thoughtfulness of and helpfulness to others
3. To create an awareness of the importance of home and family
4. To build respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual
5. To emphasize acceptance of individual responsibility as the basis of personal success, community improvement and group achievement
6. To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve society
7. To provide opportunities for gaining increased knowledge and understanding of community, national, and world affairs
8. To open avenues of personal and group action leading to the advancement of international understanding and goodwill toward all peoples
We achieve these goals through school and community service and international service.
FUNDAMENTAL VALUES: THE FOUR-WAY TEST
We reference the Four-Way Test for all things we think, say, or do.
1. Is it the truth?
2. It is fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build good will and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Applications may still be available for the school year. Talk to Mrs. Millan or Mrs. Alvarez if you're interesting in joining!
By joining YouthAct you will gain:
FRIENDSHIP| SERVICE | FELLOWSHIP
KNOWLEDGE | INTERNATIONAL UNDERSTANDING
© 2018 youthactcommittee